Friday, November 20, 2009

Little Black Dress Night

Paul and I were driving through Maryland the weekend before Thanksgiving, so we stopped to visit our family in the area.

I left Paul at the house with his brothers and headed out with my sister, two cousins and a dozen friends to head into DC for a night out with the girls. Nothing beats a night out with the women you love. It was wonderful being able to catch up with each other. As much as I love being with my huband all the time, it is important to have women in my life who I can share with in the way only we women understand.

We toasted, laughed, cheered each other on and just had a wonderful (and VERY LOUD) time!

Our joy was unmistakable! Everyone wanted to know what kind of a group we were and why we were celebrating. When we explained that we were just a group of friends who hadn't seen eachother in a while they couldn't believe it! They thought we had to be either a sorority or a Sex in the City party (??? yuck!) or a bachelorette party. They just couldn't imagine that we just wanted some girl time.

Men kept coming up to us, but we told them that this was a "GIRLS ONLY" night! What??? Beautiful women out on the town and NOT looking for men???? How could this be???


My beautiful baby sister (see picture above ;D ) had to break the heart of a handsome firefighter who dared to approach our group. We did have some fun with him though. One of our ladies gave him my sister's number, we'll that's what he thought it was...it was actually the rejection hotline which he listened to on speakerphone with us. He was good natured about it.



Boyfriends come and go, but sisters (and husbands!) are forever!


Time with the women in your life is so important. Enjoy every moment you have with them. Cherish them and never take them for granted.
I love you, all my dear sisters! Thank you for listening to me and being there for me.
Peggy and Maria, I am so blessed that God gave us to each other!

2 comments:

That Married Couple said...

Oh, time with girlfriends is so fun! That's one thing I definitely miss about moving away from them all. You all looked like you had a great time in your little black dresses!

Mary T. Lademan said...

What an epic night that was!

Related Posts with Thumbnails