Thursday, November 5, 2009

Best Research Project Ever

The farm that my husband and I live on has been in our family since before the Depression. It has always been a private family farm, but my brother and his wife are opening it up as a family business. This winter they will be opening a gift shop stocked with handmade wooden toys, Christmas ornaments, mugs, baked goods, home raised honey and Christmas trees. Next fall they will have a corn maze, petting zoo and hayrides. You can see what they are doing by following their new blog over at http://www.andrewsspringfarm.blogspot.com/

As we travel, we have been stopping at other similar farms to see what they are doing and what seems to be popular. I am more than happy to be a guinea pig for such research!

A few weeks ago, hubby and I went with my brother and sister-in-law to do a little "research." Here are some of the pictures of us hard at work.







May God bless the work of your hands!

1 comment:

That Married Couple said...

Oh my goodness. I am so jealous! That is such a neat thing to do!
We've told my parents that's what we should do with our family's farm, since none of the grandkids in our generation want to be farmers. But they just laughed and said farms weren't anything special in the Midwest like they are out here on the East coast. Which is true, but I think it'd be awesome to have corn mazes crossing the fields! Best wishes on your family's endeavor!

Related Posts with Thumbnails