Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spring? Is that you?

We were in Dayton Ohio on Sunday and Monday and I'm going to post about that later, but for now I just want to state that it was COLD!!!! The sky was gray, misty and damp. It was a bone-chilling cold. Ugh!

Wonder of wonders, we drove from there to Virginia and were thrilled to experience balmy 67 degree weather. And the sunshine! Oh the warm, wonderful sunshine! Such bliss!

We did a little shopping recently and, after encouragement from Merry, I decided to post a few purchases. I probably would have posted more pictures, but Hubby was laughing at me for taking pictures of random clothes, so I decided not give him too much fuel for the fodder.


I have a confession. I am obsessed with Eiffel Tower art!!! I have been to Paris several times and, no offense to anyone, but Paris is not my favorite European city. It is beautiful, but...

Anyway, I do find the Eiffel Tower to be a beautiful monument and a lovely symbol of romance. There are so many ways to interperet it in art! I have paintings, wall hangings, and several little figures in my dining room. I found this sweet Eiffel Tower jewelery holder at TJ Maxx last week and I couldn't resist buying it! I am planning on redecorating one of the rooms at home with some white accent pieces to go against a very bold wall that I hope to paint soon. This would look very cute in there, but now I am feeling the decorating buzz to redo the bathroom in a french theme. Decisions!?!?! I'll have to wait until I get home and see how painting goes, I suppose. Hhhmmm...



My other obsession is thrift store shopping! I love getting a great deal and refuse to throw away money on something that I know I could get for at least half the price. While in Dayton, we discovered a Goodwill Outlet. All womens clothing was $1.50 an item! Woot! The cute little New York and Co. Sweater was one of my steals. The picture doesn't do it justice. I bought a beautiful pair of Blondo boots for $3! In total, I bought five pairs of jeans, six shirts, two sweaters, the boots and some movies (45 cents each!) for under 30 bucks!!! Love it!




Sporting my own version of trucker fashion :) (Can you see Snoopy peeking up from the driver's seat?) This sunny yellow matched the warm sunshine and my mood! I just love the little rose pattern on the lower part of this top, don't you?


May your day be warm, sunny and blessed!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails