Thursday, September 17, 2009

In Memory of Ziggy the Squirrel

I was looking through some old pictures of when my husband and I first met while working at a mountain top camp in California. Ahhh, I love pictures! What would I do with out a camera? I love looking back on the moment that have been precious to me. When I look at a snapshot I am suddenly go back to an earlier place and time and am reminded of the amazing things God has done in my life.


Since I was a kid I wanted to get married at camp so that it could be a huge, inexpensive family reunion/retreat. God was preparing my heart. When I was 27 I went to work on the opposite side of the country at a beautiful camp and there I met my husband (who was my boss at the time!). It was the most beautiful and romantic summer. And on that mountain, by that beautiful lake, we fell in love.




During that summer we also adopted a baby squirrel that we found dehydrated and limping around camp. We feed him with an eye dropper until he was old enough to eat pine nuts and other fun things. He would run around the dining hall in a hamster ball (and sometimes without it!). The kids were enchanted. He was dubbed Ziggy and he became our mascot. Many fun times and memories are connected with that little squirrel. Ziggy, you are missed!



No other squirrel will ever be as cute as the Zig-ster!

1 comment:

Emery said...

This was lovely to readd

Related Posts with Thumbnails