Friday, May 7, 2010

Hey, Good Lookin'! What ya got cookin'?

I am home from California. I've survived the flooding at home in Tennessee. I am finally back in the truck with my husband! Ahh, truck sweet truck!

I have so much to blog about, but I'm not really in the mood for all the lengthy stuff right now, so I thought I would continue my expose on the "Secret Life of Truckers."


People always ask if we eat nothing but fast food all the time. When I answer "No!" and try to explain what cooking is like in the truck, people tend to look a little confused. A picture tells a thousand words, so I snapped a shot of my hubby making his specialty "Tuna Quesadillas."



Here is what this type of meal involves when it is made in a truck:


- Opening and draining cans of tuna. It sounds easy, but it can get messy in a truck. If it spills and ends up on the bed and it will smell like fish until we can get to a washer and dryer. Fun, right?!?!
- Rolling down the windows and turning on the fan to vent any fumes out of the truck.
- Setting up and lighting our single burner propane stove.
- Fry tortillas, add tuna and cheese until "melty" (Paul's word!), remove, roll and enjoy!
- Clean up cooking area, frying pan and plates with wet wipes.


That is how it is done folks! Hope you enjoyed this very random tutorial!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad you are back on the truck! Thanks for sharing about the cooking . .. I love reading your stories about life on the truck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails